With an industry-leading safety culture, the Harbour Air team is proud to offer a new, innovative design for the Individual Flotation Device (IFD). The IFD not only meets newly introduced regulations requiring the device to be worn by passengers, but also exceeds all Transport Canada’s guidelines.
Refusing to accept an off-the-shelf solution, Harbour Air Aerospace Services lead the production and certification of the new IFD, proactively working with Transport Canada to create an IFD that seamlessly attaches to passengers without impacting passenger comfort or cabin interiors of the aircraft.
The new system can easily be implemented in any aircraft and is currently being installed across Harbour Air Seaplanes’ entire fleet (North America’s largest seaplane airline).
IFD Quick Facts
- Complete new belt pack flotation device. Simple design for ease of use by all passengers.
- Certified under TSO C72C Individual Flotation Devices
- 5-year inspection requirement (where the unit is returned to Harbour Air Aerospace Services for service)
- Certified for all passengers weighing 35 lbs and up (no age restrictions)
- Outer pouch can be easily detached from the lanyard and laundered. Replacement pouches are available.
- The IFD is in a sealed clear plastic liner enabling easy access for inspections.
- Innovative system includes a flotation device tethered to a waist pouch. The break-away tether ensures that in the event of inflation inside the cabin, passengers can easily separate from the device if needed.
- Flotation device is a U-shaped design is designed with arm holds for use by any passenger.
- Belt extenders are available.
- $260 per IFD unit
- $30 for the extender
- $150 for a spare pouch
- Buy in bulk and save! Receive 10% off on the purchase of 20+ IFD units (IFD Units only)
List of Parts
- MD3080 – Individual Flotation Device (IFD)
- MA3077 – Waist Belt Inflatable IFD Belt Extender for MA3078
- MA3078 – TSO-C72C WAIST BELT INFLATABLE IFD OUTER POUCH
Interested in learning more? Please call 604-233-3521 or contact our purchasing department via the button below.